Fixed-Term Agreement Opportunities
- Agent Affairs Program
- Profile of an Agent
- Becoming an Agent – Fixed-Term Agreements
- Fixed-Term Agreement Opportunities
- General Inquiries
The PPSC seeks private-sector lawyers or law firms with experience prosecuting or defending criminal matters to assume responsibility for the conduct of prosecutions and related proceedings arising from the enforcement of various federal statutes, and to assist the regional offices.
Generally, the responsibilities include all prosecution-related activities associated with the conduct of criminal prosecutions of all levels of complexity, including court work, advice to enforcement agencies, disclosure and related tasks, the preparation of legal documents, briefs, and arguments. Sound case preparation and advocacy skills are required.
As described in Part IV of the PPSC’s Agreement Information document, candidates must meet the Minimum Eligibility Criteria listed below; applicants identified as meeting these criteria will proceed to the next phase:
- The private-sector lawyer must be a member in good standing with their respective law society;
- The private-sector lawyer must be in compliance with the Canada Revenue Agency;
- The private-sector lawyer and any personnel included in the application must possess or be able to obtain a government security clearance; and
- The private-sector lawyer must possess criminal or regulatory litigation experience, including trial experience.
All applications, including those provided by incumbents, must demonstrate how applicants meet the Rated Assessment Criteria (see 4.3.2, Agreement Information document). As previously mentioned, an applicant’s submission consists of the completed Application (html), a Certificate of Good Standing (long form) for all counsel included in the submission, and the “Personnel Screening, Consent, and Authorization Form” completed for everyone included in the submission.
All counsel included in a screened-in application will be asked to submit to a written exam of relevant substantive and procedural law, and/or interview to evaluate their qualifications.
Refer to the province of your choice to view the Agreement opportunities available:
- Date modified: